Sunday, October 17, 2010

And the blog lives on...

I have not had the desire to post as often as I once did but I'm attempting to pick the habit back up. I received some inspiration from "The Social Network". The movie, no matter how accurate or inaccurate it might be, was one of the best movies I've seen this year. But I digress... I actually contemplated shutting down my blog due to an incident that occurred a few months back. I've already deactivated my twitter page as a result of the situation. I realize that privacy is non-existent on the internet but I still felt as if the little privacy I have was violated. I dislike when people speak on things they have no idea about and then try to use it as leverage for personal gain. What's even worse is when the person is a complete stranger and is being nosy for the sake of trying to solidify a relationship that doesn't exist. I truly felt as if I was in the twilight zone going through a surreal altercation. Anger and perceived betrayal can bring the beast out of anyone. Unfortunately, that anger can be mis-directed and targeted at the wrong person. Maybe it's because we want to believe in someone so much that we look for an outsider to be the scapegoat. With all that being said, getting even isn't the answer either. Oftentimes, it's best to walk away because you might end up making a fool of yourself. The situation made me stronger and realize that I should never let anyone have control over my freedom of speech. The blog is and will forever be an invitation to friends and family into my world.

1 comment:

Dr. YoungGiftedandBlack said...

SO glad you are still keeping up with the blog. I just wish I could figure out how to get my google reader to update more frequently seeing as how I am commenting EXTRA late!