Friday, June 17, 2016

Through With Love... For Now...

I keep telling myself that this season will pass... that all of the hurt, the pain, the darkness will fade away in due time.  Upon reflection, I realized I have been in a constant state of chaos for many months now.  I allowed someone to take control of my life - break me down mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.  I was lost in what I thought was love and I allowed that "love" to drain me.  The Bible tells us what love is: patient, kind, not proud, not rude or self-seeking, and keeps no records of wrongs... it protects, trusts, hopes, and perseveres. I was blind to this definition and found love to be impatient, disrespectful, and manipulative.  I became someone that those who know me well no longer recognized.  They could see the pain in my eyes, the change in my behavior... my smile had faded.  I forgot who I am and whose I am.  My life has not been my own for over a year, but now it's time to take it back.  I have more bad days than good but I know that will change with time.  I'm thankful to those who have covered me in love over the last several months.  Without them, I don't know where I'd be right now.  They've helped me maintain some semblance of sanity.  Thanks for lending an ear, offering advice, giving me a shoulder to cry on. I love each and every one of you. 

No comments: